The thought of egg puffs brings back fond memories of my college days. The bakery near my hostel sold the tastiest puffs in the world. That too, egg puffs. An egg puff and Sharjah shake was always the popular combination at that hangout. It was just fantabulous. I was trying to recreate that aroma and taste. Though I couldn't match that taste, it was pretty close. :)
- Puff pastry sheets : 1
- Eggs : 3
- Chopped onions : 2 cups
- Ginger paste : 1 T
- Garlic paste : 1 T
- Coriander Powder : 1 t
- Garam masala : 2 pinch
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 t
- Red chilli powder : 1 t
- Salt as required
- Oil : 3 T
- Thaw the pastry sheet by leaving it out in room temperature for about an hour or so.
- Boil the eggs and take the shell.
- Cut each egg vertically(lengthwise)into two halves.
- Heat oil in the pan. Fry onion until it gets brown.
- Then add ginger and garlic paste. Fry till its smell goes.
- Then add garam masala, coriander powder and red chilly powder.
- Add egg halves, fry for 2 minutes.
- Egg filling is ready now.
- Slowly unfold the sheet and cut into 6 square pieces.
- Roll each piece with rolling pin to make it little thinner.
- Put egg half in each of them along with onion Gravy, bring two corners into middle and close them with help of little water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Place the prepared puffs on a baking tray and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or till they turn golden brown.