Skip to main content

Announcing Veggie/Fruit A Month Event - Lemon

Days fly by so fast!! Really!! It feels just like yesterday that I hooked up for this wonderful event (Veggie/Fruit  A Month ) chartered by our dearest Priya of Mharo Rajasthan's Recipe. A huge thank you to you Priya for including me. :)



Lemon is the star of the month.  Lemon refers to both an evergreen tree and its yellow fruit. Lemon has n number of uses from the simple everyday lemon juice (lemonade) to a lemon marmalade. Pickled lemons are also a very popular Moroccan delicacy. 

Now coming back to the event there are some rules for this event -

  • "Lemon" has to be the star ingredient in the dish.
  • Prepare a vegetarian recipe (eggs are allowed)
  • It has to be a brand new recipe folks, No archives please (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert - the word is anything :)). 
  • Use of the logo is mandatory to help spread the word about the event.
  • Link your post to this announcement and to Priya's main event page. 
  • Non bloggers are as always welcome just send your name, recipe and a picture and you are in.

Please send me your entries between Feb 01st to Feb 29th to gopikanambiar@gmail.com with 'Lemon' as the subject. And do include the following details -
Your Name
Name of the blog
Recipe Name
Recipe URL
Photograph of your dish. Please make sure the picture is not large.

The event round up will be posted by March first week. I am sure you guys had fun at the last event held @ Raji's - Vegetarian Tastebuds.

Cant wait to see you guys come up with slurpy delicious Lemony recipes :) Welcome to my our event :)




Comments

  1. Happy hosting!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a fan of all citrus fruits...will send in a recipe soon..

    please check out the Kerala Kitchen event at my blog.

    cheers

    roshan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hosting Dear, Sure I'll post one of ma spl. recipe for ur great event.

    following ur space.....do visit mine in ur free time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Hosting dear...will try to send..

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.heliscookbook.com/ ..Its a sheer pleasure to invite you to join my webpage

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cool logo. Thanks for hosting this dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one to send off to you right away - my hummus - will do so right away! happy hosting dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The logo is pretty awsome btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy hosting..cute logo..will send recipes soon..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice event dear, thanks for your comments in my space, will be sending some recipes, you've chosen a challenging fruit, lemon..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi thanks for visiting my blog and giving a nice comment.you too have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful theme! Happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy hosting will try to make something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy hosting! that lemon with the shades is cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. U have a few awards waiting at my space. Do collect them dear...


    Preeti
    Preeti's Kitchen Life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hummus

How can I even dream of having a Pita bread without this yummy creamy dip --> Hummus of course. :) Like many other cuisines, Mediterranean was also introduced to me by my hubby dear. He loves Hummus and now, me too :D And thats how I ended trying to make it at home. Ingredients Yogurt - 1/4 C Garbanzo Beans / Chick Peas - 2 C Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste) - 1/2 C Lemon Juice - 1/2 C Garlic cloves - 3 Salt - 1/2 t Citric acid - 1/4 t Water - 2 T Mint Leaves - a few For garnishing Parsley - 2 T Cayenne Pepper or Paprika - 1 t Olive Oil - 1/4 C Method   In a food processor, add the garbonzo beans, garlic, lemon juice and salt, blend until smooth.  Next add yogurt, tahini, water, citric acid and mint leaves. Spread the hummus in a plate and garnish with parsley, cayenne pepper and olive oil. Serve with pita bread.

Shahi Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese In Creamy Gravy

Shahi Paneer is a very popular dish in India. Shahi means "Royal". Shahi Paneer is a part of the " Mughlai " cuisine. "Mughlai" cuisine was developed in the kitchens of the Mughal Empire . This cuisine is always famous for its distinct aroma consisting of whole spices. Gosh, I am feeling hungry! :D Paneer is one of my all-time favorites. :) I just love Paneer. :D And so I am always in search of new paneer recipes. And here is another one from the lovely Aipi of US Masala . :D Thanks to her awesome recipes. I keep going back to check out all of them. I am always sure to find something new :) Here is the recipe friends. Do try it out and let me know how you like it.. :D Ingredients Paneer, cubed – 1 C Onions, chopped – 2 Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp Garam Masala – 1/4 t Ginger -1 " pc Garlic - 3 Green chilli - 2 Asafetida/hing - a pinch Almonds - 1/4 C Cashew - 1/2 C Milk- 1 C Water - 1 C Sugar – 1/2 t Salt – to taste C