Skip to main content

Stuffed Bun


My dear friends. Wish you all a very Happy New Year. I know this is too late but as they say better late than never ;) Ours was a quiet new year, how about you guys?


I know that its been so long that I posted something.. I have been too busy. Well, its a very bad excuse but it is the fact. Surprisingly, I did not start the new year with a sweet dish (I loveee sweets). I made stuffed buns. Yeah.. They came out awesome. You guys have to try this out. This will be awesome lunch idea for kids and adults too. Non-messy and easy to pack. Check them out..




Ingredients


For the filling (Egg)
  • Eggs, boiled and chopped - 2 
  • Cauliflower, chopped - 1/2 C
  • Carrot, grated - 1/4 C
  • Green peas - 1/4 C
  • Onion, chopped - 1 
  • Ginger-garlic paste - 1 T 
  • Green chilly, chopped - 1 
  • Turmeric - 1/4 t
  • Pepper powder - 1/2 t
  • Garam masala - 1/2 t
  • Fennel powder - 1/2 t
  • Salt - To taste
  • Oil - 2 T

Method
  • Heat oil in a pan .
  • Once hot, add the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. 
  • Saute till the raw smell goes and add onion. 
  • When the onion turns light brown/transparent, add all the powders. 
  • Mix well for a few mins and add the vegs, eggs. 
  • Mix till the vegetables are partially cooked.
  • Remove from fire and allow to cool.





Ingredients


For the Bun
  • All purpose flour/maida - 2.5 C
  • Active dry yeast - 2 t
  • Warm water - 2 T
  • Sugar - 1 T + 1 T
  • Milk - 1/4 C
  • Oil - 1/4 C
  • Egg - 1 beaten
  • Egg white - of 1 egg, for egg wash
  • Salt - to taste 
  • Sesame seeds - 2 T




Method
  • Dissolve the yeast in warm water along with 1 T sugar and keep aside for 10 mins.
  • Add the all purpose flour (Add 1 C now. You will have to add more while kneading the dough), sugar, milk, oil and salt into a bowl and mix until you get a smooth paste. 
  • To this, add the beaten egg, yeast, rest of the all purpose flour and knead until you get a soft dough (add flour little by little). 
  • Keep the dough covered in a warm place for around 2-3 hrs (the dough will rise in volume by that time).
  • Knead the dough lightly and make large lemon-sized balls out of it. 
  • Flatten the dough balls and fill with the stuffing (1T or 2 T).  
  • Shape it back into a ball. 
  • Arrange the stuffed balls on a greased foil and let them rest for 10 - 50 mins. 
  • Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 350 F for around 15 mins. 
  • Beat the egg white to a smooth foamy paste and apply it over the buns and sprinkle sesame seeds. 
  • Bake the stuffed buns for 20 - 25 mins or until their surface becomes reddish brown in color.
  • Yummy Stuffed buns are ready :)

Comments

  1. wow yummy and a new way of stuffing the buns ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this twice..but once my oven wasn't good enough and the next time tried the dough didn't rise well..hope the 3rd time will be lucky and hoping to try this soon !! Long time pinne..hows everything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling at the sight of these buns.......perfectly baked.......Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..such a tempting buns mouthwatering..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stuffed buns look utterly inviting, Gopika :) can feel the warmth and smell the flavorful aromas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stuffed buns looks awesome and sounds delicious Gopika, great stuffing and perfectly baked buns..
    Thanks for your visit and comment at my space which lead me to the beautiful space of yours. I'm glad to follow you and hope to see you in my followers list soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing u too a very Happy New Year..these buns look so yummy, perfect n tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome buns. Wonderful preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, they look superb, love the stuffing and the golden color of the buns :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very tempting buns, kids would love this a lot as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gopika, I have tried emailing you about you hosting this month's event @ my blog and haven't received any response. Please reply back to my email @ your gmail id.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done dear.. hope you gotta chance to check my mail :) Thanks a ton for reminding

      Delete
  12. wow delicious buns,luks so perfect and yum...amazing clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buns look delicious with tempting pictures! :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look of your buns. So fluffy, soft and with a filling! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Award Waiting @
    http://bestofmykitchen.blogspot.in/2012/02/award-tym-happy-to-be-versatile.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gopika
    These buns look very soft and delicious.
    http://divyascooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shahi Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese In Creamy Gravy

Shahi Paneer is a very popular dish in India. Shahi means "Royal". Shahi Paneer is a part of the " Mughlai " cuisine. "Mughlai" cuisine was developed in the kitchens of the Mughal Empire . This cuisine is always famous for its distinct aroma consisting of whole spices. Gosh, I am feeling hungry! :D Paneer is one of my all-time favorites. :) I just love Paneer. :D And so I am always in search of new paneer recipes. And here is another one from the lovely Aipi of US Masala . :D Thanks to her awesome recipes. I keep going back to check out all of them. I am always sure to find something new :) Here is the recipe friends. Do try it out and let me know how you like it.. :D Ingredients Paneer, cubed – 1 C Onions, chopped – 2 Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp Garam Masala – 1/4 t Ginger -1 " pc Garlic - 3 Green chilli - 2 Asafetida/hing - a pinch Almonds - 1/4 C Cashew - 1/2 C Milk- 1 C Water - 1 C Sugar – 1/2 t Salt – to taste C

Hummus

How can I even dream of having a Pita bread without this yummy creamy dip --> Hummus of course. :) Like many other cuisines, Mediterranean was also introduced to me by my hubby dear. He loves Hummus and now, me too :D And thats how I ended trying to make it at home. Ingredients Yogurt - 1/4 C Garbanzo Beans / Chick Peas - 2 C Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste) - 1/2 C Lemon Juice - 1/2 C Garlic cloves - 3 Salt - 1/2 t Citric acid - 1/4 t Water - 2 T Mint Leaves - a few For garnishing Parsley - 2 T Cayenne Pepper or Paprika - 1 t Olive Oil - 1/4 C Method   In a food processor, add the garbonzo beans, garlic, lemon juice and salt, blend until smooth.  Next add yogurt, tahini, water, citric acid and mint leaves. Spread the hummus in a plate and garnish with parsley, cayenne pepper and olive oil. Serve with pita bread.

The Kitchen Affaire turns One :)

The afternoon breeze and the sound of rustling leaves is so soothing. So here I sit, enjoying this change of weather, to pen memories of last year. Gosh!! I cant believe that - The Kitchen Affaire; is turning "One". :) Time does fly. Last year has been very eventful. An year that changed my title from: a carefree mommy's gal to an "adorable" ("A" would not agree with this!! hi hi) wife; an IT engineer to a house-wife;  and a huge move from my home in Kerala (India) to a new home in Houston (U.S.A). It feels like all of this happened in a blink of an eye. All this change wouldn't have sunk in so easily if not for my hubby dear. :)   Starting this blog was not impromptu. I used to blog during my college days. But this time I wanted a blog meant only for my cooking experiments or challenges. After settling down in our lovely apartment, I slowly started my cooking experiments. Initially I would jot all of it in a notebook. Then I decided not to a