Skip to main content

Round Up Of Veggie/Fruit A Month Event - Lemon

Finally, its time for the Round Up friends.. I am so glad that I got to host this event. You guys made it perfect with your amazing recipes.. :) 

I was amazed to see the number of dishes you can make using lemon. I always tied lemon with lemon juice alone. Now thats what I call ignorance!! I am glad I dont think so anymore.. Lemon has a wide variety of uses in both the culinary and non-culinary world. It is used for aromatherapy, face cleansing (and many more things) apart from the huge list of culinary uses such as baking, pickling and so on.

Here are the lip-smacking recipes from our friends.

The first one comes from Janet. This combination of braised tempeh and green beans with lemon-sesame sauce is surely going to make you guys hungry. I am telling ya.. check it out.. And be sure to check out her space "The Taste Space"..




The next one comes from Rasya Srinath of "Veg Food & Me". Her tangy lemon pickle makes me want to go home even more. Feeling hungry right? Me too..



Hema is sharing her Lemon Custard Cakes with us. And boy, dont they look cute.. Do check the recipe at her space "Aromatic Cooking"




Surabhi's lemony lemon rice is one of my all-time favorite comfort food. Check out the recipe at her space "My Cook Book".



Last but not the least is my turn.. Yup.. I thought a lot and finally decided upon a Lemon Cake.. And the fact is that it came out so nice.. Really.. check it out.. I even took it to a friend of ours who were  celebrating their 25th anniversary.. Here is a look :)


Thank you so much all of you for all the encouragement friends. I hope you enjoyed the event and loved all the recipes. See you all soon..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shahi Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese In Creamy Gravy

Shahi Paneer is a very popular dish in India. Shahi means "Royal". Shahi Paneer is a part of the " Mughlai " cuisine. "Mughlai" cuisine was developed in the kitchens of the Mughal Empire . This cuisine is always famous for its distinct aroma consisting of whole spices. Gosh, I am feeling hungry! :D Paneer is one of my all-time favorites. :) I just love Paneer. :D And so I am always in search of new paneer recipes. And here is another one from the lovely Aipi of US Masala . :D Thanks to her awesome recipes. I keep going back to check out all of them. I am always sure to find something new :) Here is the recipe friends. Do try it out and let me know how you like it.. :D Ingredients Paneer, cubed – 1 C Onions, chopped – 2 Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp Garam Masala – 1/4 t Ginger -1 " pc Garlic - 3 Green chilli - 2 Asafetida/hing - a pinch Almonds - 1/4 C Cashew - 1/2 C Milk- 1 C Water - 1 C Sugar – 1/2 t Salt – to taste C

Hummus

How can I even dream of having a Pita bread without this yummy creamy dip --> Hummus of course. :) Like many other cuisines, Mediterranean was also introduced to me by my hubby dear. He loves Hummus and now, me too :D And thats how I ended trying to make it at home. Ingredients Yogurt - 1/4 C Garbanzo Beans / Chick Peas - 2 C Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste) - 1/2 C Lemon Juice - 1/2 C Garlic cloves - 3 Salt - 1/2 t Citric acid - 1/4 t Water - 2 T Mint Leaves - a few For garnishing Parsley - 2 T Cayenne Pepper or Paprika - 1 t Olive Oil - 1/4 C Method   In a food processor, add the garbonzo beans, garlic, lemon juice and salt, blend until smooth.  Next add yogurt, tahini, water, citric acid and mint leaves. Spread the hummus in a plate and garnish with parsley, cayenne pepper and olive oil. Serve with pita bread.

The Kitchen Affaire turns One :)

The afternoon breeze and the sound of rustling leaves is so soothing. So here I sit, enjoying this change of weather, to pen memories of last year. Gosh!! I cant believe that - The Kitchen Affaire; is turning "One". :) Time does fly. Last year has been very eventful. An year that changed my title from: a carefree mommy's gal to an "adorable" ("A" would not agree with this!! hi hi) wife; an IT engineer to a house-wife;  and a huge move from my home in Kerala (India) to a new home in Houston (U.S.A). It feels like all of this happened in a blink of an eye. All this change wouldn't have sunk in so easily if not for my hubby dear. :)   Starting this blog was not impromptu. I used to blog during my college days. But this time I wanted a blog meant only for my cooking experiments or challenges. After settling down in our lovely apartment, I slowly started my cooking experiments. Initially I would jot all of it in a notebook. Then I decided not to a