Skip to main content

Chocolate Almond Biscotti - Sweet Punch

You just mention sweets and I will be on it :D Thats how much I love em! I always looked upon baking as an amazing work of art. I still do :) Its really amazing to see how much talent and interest people have towards baking. One such lovely group of people are the "Sweet Punch" team. :)




When I got the invite from the Sweet Punch team (DivyaRia and Maria), I was delighted. An invitation to bake!! Wohooo :)

So here I was, all set for this experience. And I was even more delighted to see that the September Punch was my fav "Almond Biscotti". I love the store bought biscotti and this was a chance to stock up my fav biscotti :D And I sure did. The recipe was perfectly layed out in Joy Of Baking. I just had to follow suite. And here it was - Yummy and crunchy almond biscotti. I have written down the recipe here for your convenience and mine (easier access :D). 


Ingredients

  • Whole almonds - blanched, toasted and chopped coarsely - 3/4 C
  • Sugar, granulated - 2/3 C
  • Egg - 2
  • Vanilla extract - 1 t
  • Baking powder - 1 t
  • Salt - 1/4 t
  • All-purpose flour - 1 3/4 C
  • Semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped - 4 ounces (110 grams)




Method


Preparing the Oven

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).  
  • Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.  
  • Let cool and then chop coarsely.  Set aside.
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Set aside.

Preparing the Batter
  • In bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the sugar and eggs on high speed until thick, pale, and fluffy (about 5 minutes).  (When you slowly raise the beaters the batter will fall back into the bowl in slow ribbons.)  
  • At this point beat in the vanilla extract.   
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.  
  • Add to the egg mixture and beat until combined.  
  • Fold in the chopped almonds and chocolate.

For Baking
  • Transfer the dough to your parchment lined baking sheet and form into a log, about 12 inches (30 cm) long and 3 1/2 inches (9 cm) wide. 
  •  You may have to dampen your hands to form the log as the dough is quite sticky.  
  • Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.  
  • Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. 
  • Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).  
  • Transfer the log to a cutting board and cut into 3/4 inch (2 cm) slices, on the diagonal.  Place the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet.  
  • Bake for about 10 minutes, turn slices over, and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.  
  • Remove from oven and let cool.  
  • Store in an airtight container.
  • Makes about 16 biscotti.

Yummy biscotti is ready to be devoured. :D


Comments

  1. Looks beautiful..your biscotti is just perfect

    Pavithra
    www.dishesfrommykitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. just perfect.... sometimes i wish i was eating egg too then i wudnt be restricted to such tempting delicacies :) but i'm trying my best to create them eggless :) thanks for dropping by my space

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious looking biscotti fabulously done

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i cud ve participated too... bt :( urs luks delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made it perfectly....biscotti looks so yummy n tempting..superb loved it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love biscottis and Im seeing it on some of my blogger friends posts as they participate in Sweet punch...Yours looks very good. First time to your blog..Lovely blog and awesome pics...Following you...

    ONGOING EVENT: ABC Series - A for Apple

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect biscuitee
    u are taged in 7link challanged game see at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Biscotti looks yummy Gopika. Love ur collection of recipes.
    Following you :)

    Vardhini

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice biscotti...yummy.

    -Aarthi @munchmunchcrunchcrunch
    HLI-DATES

    ReplyDelete
  10. so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Irresistible biscotti over there! Loved the way it's prepared...yumm!

    Thanks for visiting me, apologize for the late return! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reminds me of Cake Rusk......look so perfect , i just wanna grab some.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great going Gopz..Looks very crisp and yum !! I know have been MIA for quite some time..Mail u soon..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Biscotti looks fab.. Very well baked and presented..
    First time here and enjoyed browsing through your space..
    Glad to follow u .. great going girl..:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crisp looking biscottis! Love the nature background on the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfectly made..perfect snack..love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow its such a yummy treat...awesome clicks...:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to sweet punch and biscotti is a perfect bake to start the punch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done with this biscotti - looks beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. perfectly baked bisotti..looks crisp and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Irresistible, crunchy biscotti!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  22. Feel like grabbing some,looks fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excellent treats! I would love some right now :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aarthi biscotti looking fab and full of flavours...ummmm

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love biscotti because the crunchy texture is just perfect for my liking. And now if you add chocoate and almond in it... oh my that's like my most favorite biscotti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh love the crunchy texture of your biscotti !!feel like munching now..You have got lovely space...will come back for sure


    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love them with a cuppa :) Looks yummy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Biscottis look perfect--Glad you liked it,thanks for baking with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, its looking so yummy. Nice blog and nice recipes :)
    Thanks for leaving a nice comment @ my space :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. First time to your blog . came to your blog after looking at your comment in my blog.. Interesting recipies...I really enjoyed it..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shahi Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese In Creamy Gravy

Shahi Paneer is a very popular dish in India. Shahi means "Royal". Shahi Paneer is a part of the " Mughlai " cuisine. "Mughlai" cuisine was developed in the kitchens of the Mughal Empire . This cuisine is always famous for its distinct aroma consisting of whole spices. Gosh, I am feeling hungry! :D Paneer is one of my all-time favorites. :) I just love Paneer. :D And so I am always in search of new paneer recipes. And here is another one from the lovely Aipi of US Masala . :D Thanks to her awesome recipes. I keep going back to check out all of them. I am always sure to find something new :) Here is the recipe friends. Do try it out and let me know how you like it.. :D Ingredients Paneer, cubed – 1 C Onions, chopped – 2 Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp Garam Masala – 1/4 t Ginger -1 " pc Garlic - 3 Green chilli - 2 Asafetida/hing - a pinch Almonds - 1/4 C Cashew - 1/2 C Milk- 1 C Water - 1 C Sugar – 1/2 t Salt – to taste C

Hummus

How can I even dream of having a Pita bread without this yummy creamy dip --> Hummus of course. :) Like many other cuisines, Mediterranean was also introduced to me by my hubby dear. He loves Hummus and now, me too :D And thats how I ended trying to make it at home. Ingredients Yogurt - 1/4 C Garbanzo Beans / Chick Peas - 2 C Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste) - 1/2 C Lemon Juice - 1/2 C Garlic cloves - 3 Salt - 1/2 t Citric acid - 1/4 t Water - 2 T Mint Leaves - a few For garnishing Parsley - 2 T Cayenne Pepper or Paprika - 1 t Olive Oil - 1/4 C Method   In a food processor, add the garbonzo beans, garlic, lemon juice and salt, blend until smooth.  Next add yogurt, tahini, water, citric acid and mint leaves. Spread the hummus in a plate and garnish with parsley, cayenne pepper and olive oil. Serve with pita bread.

The Kitchen Affaire turns One :)

The afternoon breeze and the sound of rustling leaves is so soothing. So here I sit, enjoying this change of weather, to pen memories of last year. Gosh!! I cant believe that - The Kitchen Affaire; is turning "One". :) Time does fly. Last year has been very eventful. An year that changed my title from: a carefree mommy's gal to an "adorable" ("A" would not agree with this!! hi hi) wife; an IT engineer to a house-wife;  and a huge move from my home in Kerala (India) to a new home in Houston (U.S.A). It feels like all of this happened in a blink of an eye. All this change wouldn't have sunk in so easily if not for my hubby dear. :)   Starting this blog was not impromptu. I used to blog during my college days. But this time I wanted a blog meant only for my cooking experiments or challenges. After settling down in our lovely apartment, I slowly started my cooking experiments. Initially I would jot all of it in a notebook. Then I decided not to a